Sunday, August 9, 2009

Exams, Party, Road Trip, Finding Work, Work, Home.

Again, sorry everyone, as mentioned above, in two months, many things has been rolling on for me. Gone are my carefree days in Brisbane, let me just retrace my steps to the exam period and we'll move on from there.


The Exams. Basically, I had three exams and I was done by the first week of the exam period. The subsequent days after the exams were about partying and packing up before Julynn came to Brissy. The exams were fairly alright, just for 1 subject that I did not do as well I wanted to, but its alright! I passed! :)


Packing was upsetting, packing the room consisted off clearing half of the wardrobe, half of the shelf, half of the toilet, half of the table and pretty much everything else. That's because Hairul still has a semester to go, so the remaining half has to be left behind. After packing, everything felt half empty/full, it was like something whole has been split apart or has gone missing. I guess that's how Hairul and I feel when we saw the room in its state, it is inevitable that it has to happened and that when I leave Australia and he coming back to Brisbane with a half empty room, we both will have to replace the piece missing to move on. The thought of it was really sad.


Partying at Mitre is of course a hardcore affair with music, booze, laughs and mahjong! The last party was more like something to say goodbye to everyone, cause when Julynn comes to visits, its about the same as me leaving them as we would be heading for our road trip. It was a happy and slightly emotional evening but I was still able to hold my tears back so whatever it was, I was happy that I had a proper ending to the partying at Mitre.


Julynn arrived in Brisbane and that evening we spent time with the gang going to Moreton Bay for dinner. The sunday after was the start of our Roadtrip, we headed towards, Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour, Nelson Bay and Sydney in the next four days and spent the following 6 days in Sydney itself (a little bit too long I thought, lol). Headed back to Brisbane and did the normal shopping at Harbour Town and went to all the places I could go to eat as it would be the last time for me eating them, Sigh. Oh ya, that's when I bought my Fender Guitar also, Hah! And we headed back to Singapore on Sunday, 12th of July 2009.


In the efforts of finding work, I had two interviews lined up and got a call on monday with another one lined up. So three in total. I went for all three and decided to return to my former work place at GCW as a management trainee, starting on the 3rd of August. Taking up this position therefore leads me to an important point for me and the existence of this blog. This is the first and last mention of my work on this blog, this is to maintain a professional outlook of myself in the industry. There is the possiblity of my blog becoming a private blog, but till then, we will see about it.


Being finally back to watch Singapore TV and especially during the national day week, I hear the song This is Home, by the new Singapore Idol contestants. It has reminded me that I have come back home and I am glad. The times in Australia was an important time for me, and though it is sad that I have to close one chapter of my life, I am reopening a chapter that I left when I entered the army.


My niece's one year old birthday also sparked the start of my life back in Singapore, to spend more time with my family. She's brought the family together, a Godsent, last week, my Dad, Mum, my sister and I were in the swimming pool playing with our little princess Izzy. And gosh, I can't remember the last time the family was in the pool at the same time. Hahaha.


So yes, that was a summary of my busy 2 months, I have started working so that means no more playing for me. Take care everyone, lots of love. Oh yes, the last paragraph is to thank everyone in my University of Queensland Chapter of my life, Love you guys:


In no particular order: Hairul, Anthony, Deborah, Yeow Kheong, Kimberly, Ziyang, Yongsheng, Yenwei, Xiaoying, Bernard, Michelle Zee, Shijia, Julian, Darryl, Yueying, Michelle Choon, Samantha Lee, Shan Chew, Jennifer, Xiaohui, Yin Shan, Althea, Estee, Karin, Avril, Bryan, Russell, Shijian, Amy, Nanting, Louis, Elicia, Melissa Tan, Huimin, Sophie, David, Jacqueline, Katherine, Karenina, Melissa Quek, Yu Jun, Amanda, Rachel, Victoria, Belle, Crystal, Jasmine, Shannen and Samantha Low, Charles, Alastair, Jono, Chris, Siew Wern, Xin Kei, John-Michael, Clement, Kenneth, Melissa Heng, Debbie, Sheryl, Eliza and many many more that if I didn't mention you, is not that I don't love you, its just too many to remember.

No comments: