Thursday, May 14, 2009

Optimist Versus Pessimist, who are you?





"What do you think?"

Good day everyone, my apologies for taking so long to write a new posting on my blog. Had a huge ass assignment that was due on Tuesday and it took Anthony, Michelle and I a whole lot of sleepless nights to churn out a damn 18,000 word report. So it's Thursday night at 9.25pm and here I've sidetracked from doing a 1000 word case analysis assignment that is due tomorrow at 4pm. You must be wondering why I sidetracked. Well, its mainly because I just had an msn conversation with Michelle about Tuesday's assignment and tomorrow's one as well.

Hmmm, obviously, it's bothering me that's why I'm writing a post (not always the case but often a reason to blog). Remember seeing the glass half full or half empty picture? Well, I know I am mostly a half full person, I have my half empty times, but mostly half full. I enjoy being a optimist because I think life is too damn tough to be feeling upset about anything. I have friends whom flock on both sides, and sometimes it can be quite difficult being an optimist around pessimists. It feels like the darkness is trying to consume the light, one could be a big large roaring fire when there are other fires around, but feel like a candle in the wind amongst the dark world which tries to dims you when you are alone.

"It's easier when there are more around"



Perhaps I'm feeling a little bit tired and upset about being a dim light at the moment. Like the small tea light that you put on the table and you switch off all the lights and it tries to survive. Yet the poetry in it is that one can't help but enjoy the small warmth and glow of the tea light. How does that tea light feel? Using up its wax (as fuel) and trying to stay as bright for as long as it can, until it dies out.


"Couldn't find a nice one, so I headed out to the balcony and took one"

Obviously at this juncture, I have fallen a little into my pessimist side and it sucks. A little bit "moody moody" as Xiaoying likes to put it. She will often just ask me to head to sleep so that I don't rub it off on others. Sometimes I wonder what I am in this world, what am I suppose to do. Get good grades, land a job with insane loads of money, get married, have a couple of children, drive a big car, own a really big house, have a dog, take care of my children, grow old, die.


"He is such a miser! But deep down we love him cause he has a heart of gold"

Gosh, that's not me as everyone knows. I have to say that I was never really born into a house where I had a silver spoon to my mouth and everything I wanted I get. Whatever I wanted, "I" had to go get on my own. I was comfortable and never really needed anything important, I was just contented with what life gave me. Perhaps because of that then, that it seems I am well off, that money is not important to me.


Wealth, finance and money. Seems I've drifted off a bit, perhaps a subject I can touch on at another time. To tell you the truth everyone, right now, I feel alone and sad, it seems that I am alone, no one to share my optimism and join my fire. I feel like the tea light alone, sitting there in the darkness. Is there a thing as being too big of an optimist is a bad thing? Is dreaming too big or being positive a bad thing?


A couple of months ago, a friend of my left work, and before she left, she told everyone she was going to do something big (you know who you are). Most of her friends, from what I heard, told her she was crazy and was thinking too big and that there was no way she will succeed. Spits. Ian spits. She's your friend, can't you guys give her some encouragement! (I am gonna be blast for this but what the hell). When she told me about her plans, I did thought she was crazy as well, but I told her, if she dared to dream, she would have my support. Optimism is white and Pessimism is black. Or is it the other way around?



"It may be those who do most, dream most." - Stephen Leacock




For my friends who are reading this, don't worry, Ian is just "emoing" now and will be fine tomorrow when he wakes up. Now I'm just taking the opportunity to write down stuff when I'm sad. To let you see another side of me. The dimming optimist perhaps. Kudos and God Bless.

No comments: